Thursday, September 25, 2008

Tonto And The Devil Spirits Cartoon

News has it that Johnny Depp will be playing Tonto in Disney version of The Lone Ranger. I grew up watching Clayton Moore as the masked man and I watched the animated version in the 1970s. I also remember listening to the radio show in the late 1970s while I did homework around four o'clock. I even have a cassette with an episode from the radio show.

The only Lone Ranger comic book that I have is the first three issues of the four part mini-series from Topps in 1994. There is a new comic series being published by Dynamite Entertainment but I have yet to pick up a copy.

I can kind of see Johnny Depp as Tonto but I would rather see someone like Jay Silverheels in the part. It is going to be interesting to see who Disney will cast as the Lone Ranger.

Meanwhile, enjoy this complete episode from the 1960s animated series:

No comments:

Post a Comment